Ways of Grilling the Perfect Steak
Typically, during the summer season, the grill comes on and people spend more time outside. Grilling steak is one of American’s favorite summer things to do. No one wants a bland steak, they want a juicy flavorful steak. May we suggest seasoning it with our Montreal Steak Spice to blow your tastebuds away. Read on for ideas on how to up your grilling game to make the most perfect tasting seasoned steak.
Selecting the Steak
Make sure that you consider the cuts of your steak. It is vital to select the best steak for the perfect marinade. Understand that there are various cuts of steak that are best for grilling. Some come with bones while others do not. Below are some of the cuts of steak:
• Tenderloin or Filet. This cut has no bones and is the most tender as well as the most expensive.
• Sirloin. This is usually a big cut of steak and can either have bones or not.
• New York. Usually have no bones and have excellent beef flavor.
• Porterhouse and T-bone. Have huge bones and are best for grilling.
Season the Steak
You have chosen your steak, brought it home, now is the time to marinate it to be prepared for the grill. While some people just like the simplicity of salt and pepper to marinate the steak, our Montreal Steak Spice will delight your palate. We use the freshest spices for the boldest flavors. This blend of Montreal Steak Spice usually includes ingredients such as pepper, salt, coriander, dill, mustard seeds, dehydrated garlic and onions, red pepper flakes, rosemary, thyme, paprika, and caraway seeds. Rub it into the steak on all sides and let it sit for about an hour at room temperature before putting it on the grill.
Tips for Grilling the and adding the Perfect Marinade
• First, turn on your grill. Make it hot as you can. Perfect heat gives the meat color and that color enhances the flavors.
• Secondly, spray the grill with oil a bit. This ensures that it does not stick. Then put your steak on the grill.
• After doing that leave your steak alone. Ensure that you are not poking or flattening it. You will turn it just once with tongs.
• Then time your steak right. Depending on your cut of steak and how you like it, cook your steak for about three to four minutes on each side. You can also use a thermometer where the rare ranges at 125 degrees, medium-rare is around 130 degrees, medium is about 135, medium-well is 140 while well done is above 140 degrees.
• Finally, take your perfectly seasoned and grilled steak off from the grill. Once you do that allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before enjoying it.
What is Kare Raisu, also known as Japanese Curry?
Although it may be unexpected to find curry on a Japanese menu, kare raisu, a thick and hearty stew, is actually one of the most popular entrees in the country. It was in the mid-1800s that the British introduced curry to Japan, finding it themselves in the former British colony of India. If you enjoy curry, it is easy to see why this Japanese comfort food is so well liked.
Like in any other curry, the heat level of kare raisu can be tailored to your particular tastes. It is a nice robust curry that can have any combination of delicious ingredients, so it can also be made to suit any occasion. While a commercially available ‘curry powder’ is available in Japanese grocery stores, more adventurous home chefs prefer to mix their own blend of spices.
If you have decided that you want to make this dish at home, know that this Japanese comfort food can be easily customized to your palette, and can use any ingredients you might have. It generally contains a multitude of vegetables and your meat of choice is served over rice. The rice serves to soak up the gravy and was crucial in past ages to fill a person’s belly. We are giving you a recipe for a very basic style of this stew, using the ever-popular chicken. It is worthwhile to note that a single package of curry tablets from the grocery store will generally make one pot of the stew. However, it can be used for a lot of different recipes.
– 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces.
– 2 chopped carrots.
– 2 chopped potatoes
– 1 chopped onion
– 2 cups water
– 2-3 tablespoons Kare Raisu blend
1. Saute meat and vegetables over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until soft.
2. Pour in water.
3. Bring to a boil then remove the pan from heat and add curry, stirring constantly with a spoon.
4. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
5. Serve over white rice, garnished with minced shallots, parsley or crunchy radish.
Our Kare Raisu is some of the best flavors you will ever taste.
Best Carne Asada recipe with Cumin!
Best Carne Asada Recipe with Cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 6 oz skirt steak
- Buy the steak
- Mix seasonings
- Add seasonings
- Grill the steak
Carne asada includes a few different spices and some other clean ingredients. This recipe is an altered version of a recipe that was created by a well-known chef. However, it has been simplified to a version where it is best to replicate at home.
The best recipe for carne asada always includes cumin. It also includes marinated flank steaks or skirt steaks that are grilled to perfection. It is best to grill the meat after letting it sit and marinate in your choice of spices. That will make it packed full of authentic Mexican flavors. It is all in the marinade, make sure to marinate your choice of steak in a delicious mixture of flavors including cumin. When marinating your steak, it is best to refrigerate it for at least two hours before cooking. You want to create a delicious piece of meat that you can put in a burrito, on a taco, on a salad, or just eat it plain. You want to make sure that your steak can hold its own and be able to satisfy your taste buds with the delicious flavors.
As previously mentioned, the best type of steak to use when cooking carne asada is a delicious skirt steak or a flank steak. Both of these types of steaks are well-trimmed and of similar size, so they can be utilized interchangeably. Just keep in mind that flank steak is the lean version full of intense flavors while a skirt steak is more stringy and fibrous but also full of intense flavors. Both flank steaks and skirt steaks are ideally cooked at a rare or medium-rare amount in order to prevent them from becoming chewy and too tough to bite into. Also, be sure to cut your choice of steak against the grain, this will make it easier to bite into and to chew.
A few simple ingredients in the marinade: Olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. That is it! Make sure you let it sit covered in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, then grill for about 5 minutes on each side. Enjoy!