Mustard Seed, Yellow
MEDICINAL: Can relieve scorpion stings and snake bites, epilepsy, toothache, bruises, stiff neck, rheumatism, colic and respiratory troubles.
To pay by credit/debit card, press Paypal button and scroll down to see option for CC
Mustard is one of the most commonly used condiments in today’s world. Most people like to add it to a sandwich, a burger, a hot dog, and even to deviled eggs. Yellow mustard seeds are what creates the grocery store’s yellow sauce. Specifically, it comes from the white mustard plant, Sinapis alba.
Used in pickling spice and in spice mixtures for cooking meats and seafood. It adds piquancy to sauerkraut and is sometimes used in marinades. Mustard seeds are also high in fiber, minerals, and omega-3s. The mustard plant is from the same family as broccoli, cabbage, and Brussel sprouts, the mustard seeds naturally are packed with good things for you and are rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorous.
Other uses for yellow mustard seeds have been seen in traditional medicine. It has used mustard seeds to relieve cold symptoms, aid in digestion, reduce some aches and pains, and reduce respiratory issues in the body. Other uses for yellow mustard seeds is that it can relieve scorpion stings and snake bites, epilepsy, toothache, bruises, stiff neck, rheumatism, and colic.
Making mustard is actually one of the easiest things you can make and it only requires a few ingredients you probably already have.
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard seeds and made into powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup apple cider (or distilled white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- Whisk all of the ingredients in a small saucepan until combined. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mustard cool for 5 minutes. It will look quite liquidy but will start to thicken over the next few days.
- Wait at least 24 hours before trying it.
Our Yellow Mustard Seeds are the freshest.